China has updated its record keeping requirements through the 2016 passage of a new accounting regulation, Administrative Measures on Accounting Records. Some of the new retention requirements have increased retention periods significantly. Here’s a breakdown of the new regulation:
Author Archive for: John Kain
About John Kain
Mr. Kain began his records management career with Montaña & Associates in 1999, working closely with John Montaña in all aspects of retention scheduling, records management and international law research.
Entries by John Kain
In September 2015 Russia passed a new data localization law (Federal Data Localization Law No. 526-FZ). The new law requires all businesses that collect personal data on Russian citizens to “record, systematize, accumulate, store, update, change, and retrieve that information” on databases within the Russian Federation.
European Union Drafting Stringent Data Privacy Regulation Data privacy has been in the public eye quite a lot recently (Snowden, et al) but in reality it has been on the front burner of various news feeds for quite sometime, particularly in Europe.
Subscribe to our eNewsletter
Call Us Toll Free
4340 S. Pennsylvania St.
Englewood, CO 80113
- The Dilemma of Democracy and Information – Double Edged Swords from out of Pandora’s BoxJuly 7, 2016 - 9:20 pm
- Brexit and its effect on Information GovernanceJuly 7, 2016 - 9:18 pm
- The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation – a Sea Change, or Old Wine in a New Bottle?July 7, 2016 - 9:14 pm
- The Hillary Clinton Email Scandal: Two Information Governance Views (#1)June 9, 2016 - 12:40 pm
- The Hillary Clinton Email Scandal: Two Information Governance Views (#2)June 9, 2016 - 12:39 pm