Montaña & Associates, Inc.
Effective July 29th, 2019
Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
I. Collection and Use of Information
- From time to time, we may collect, or seek to collect, personal information from you. In every case, that information collection will be transparent. We do not, under any circumstance, collect information via surreptitious or hidden means.
- When we collect personal information from you, the purpose of the collection will be clearly stated.
- The kinds of information we collect, and the purposes for the collection are very limited, consisting only of business contact information, collected for the sole purpose of communicating with you. We do not collect financial, medical, political or other sensitive information at any time, for any reason.
- We do not and will not re-use your information for any purpose other than the purpose stated to you at the time of collection.
- While your information is in our possession, it is stored on devices and systems with strong encryption, strong passwords and other information security features.
- When the purpose for which the information is collected has been concluded, your personal information will be destroyed or deleted in accordance with the Montaña & Associates records retention schedule and any legal requirements governing its retention. Information on contact lists will be maintained until you affirmatively opt out.
- If the information is needed as part of a business relationship with your employer, it is limited to that contact information, such as name, telephone number, job title and email address, necessary to conduct that relationship.
- If the information collection is for the purpose of signing up for a newsletter, webinar or other interactive information sharing, it is limited to general contact information such as name, job title, employer, phone number and email address, necessary to conduct the communications from us that you have consented to.
- If you have contacted us via web form, it is limited to general contact information such as name, job title, employer, phone number and email address, and a small amount of additional information necessary to respond to your inquiry. We may from time to time send you informational or marketing communications using this information. You may opt out of receiving such communications at any time.
- Your disclosure of information to us is entirely voluntary. You may elect not to provide it to us.
- In the case of information collected as part of a business relationship with your employer, if you do not wish for your employer to give it to us, promptly notify your employer and us, and we will make such accommodations with your employer as may be required by your election.
- If you have consented to our collection of personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us, or by using the unsubscribe mechanism in a communication.
II. Rights and Enforcement
- You have the right to access your personal information at any time on reasonable notice and during normal business hours by contacting the person listed below.
- You may request that we cease the use of your personal information at any time by contacting the person below or by using the unsubscribe mechanism in the communication sent to you.
- If you disagree with our use of your information and we cannot come to a mutually satisfactory agreement, you may have the right under some circumstances to invoke binding arbitration.
- We may be required to disclose your information to public authorities based upon a lawful request, including for national security and law enforcement purposes.
- We may be subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- We do not and will not transfer your personal information to third parties for any reason except as described in this paragraph. We may use specialized third party platforms solely for the collection and/or management of personal information only for the purposes for which you provided it to us. If a third-party platform is used for the collection of or management of the information (for example, mailing list software), that software and its vendor are compliant with E.U. and Switzerland Information Protection Laws and the Privacy Shield Framework. The only such software in use by us is:
In every such case, we remain liable for ensuring that your information is maintained and used in accordance with this policy.
- In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Montaña & Associates, Inc. commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Montaña & Associates, Inc. at:
John C. Montaña
Montaña & Associates, Inc.
- Montaña & Associates, Inc. has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU information protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Information Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning information transferred from the EU and Switzerland.