Businesses today can easily find themselves managing hundreds (if not thousands) of systems and repositories. Many of these systems have limited life cycles and a periods of usefulness. But although the system might no longer be vital, the information contained within it often has continuing value and it is necessary to migrate these data sets for operational, legal or regulatory reasons. But what is it that we migrate? The challenge is to determine how much information you really need going forward and to develop a plan that will allow the migration of necessary and useful information in a rational way, permitting you to manage and use it in the new environment. Montaña & Associates can help. Our knowledge of legal requirements, our analysis of your business processes and our understanding of data structures and other data characteristics enables us to help you draft a migration plan that will effectively let you keep what you need, contain migration costs and let you dispose of what you no longer need in a legally defensible way.
Subscribe to our eNewsletter
Call Us Toll Free
4340 S. Pennsylvania St.
Englewood, CO 80113
- The Dilemma of Democracy and Information – Double Edged Swords from out of Pandora’s BoxJuly 7, 2016 - 9:20 pm
- Brexit and its effect on Information GovernanceJuly 7, 2016 - 9:18 pm
- The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation – a Sea Change, or Old Wine in a New Bottle?July 7, 2016 - 9:14 pm
- The Hillary Clinton Email Scandal: Two Information Governance Views (#1)June 9, 2016 - 12:40 pm
- The Hillary Clinton Email Scandal: Two Information Governance Views (#2)June 9, 2016 - 12:39 pm